Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The journey begins


I've been playing a Kirk Sand nylon string electric guitar since 1993, when I recorded the CD for my book The Guitar Style of Jerry Reed (Hal Leonard Publications, 1994). That guitar (pictured above) was borrowed from my dear friend and mentor, Clyde Kendrick.

In 1996, I took delivery of my own Sand (just like Clyde's guitar), and it's been my main instrument ever since. Through the years, Kirk has become a good friend, and we've talked guitars and exchanged ideas quite a bit. 

About three years ago, Kirk said "I think we need to do a Craig Dobbins signature model." Thinking quickly, I agreed. So, fast forward to 2013, and Kirk is building the prototype of the Craig Dobbins model. I'll be posting photos of the progress, and Kirk will comment from time to time. I hope you'll join me on this exciting journey.

-Craig










No comments:

Post a Comment