Monday, June 17, 2013

The box is done

"Hi Craig. Box is done. Ready for the Brazilian rosewood binding!"

When I got this short email from Kirk Sand, I couldn't wait to see the photos. So, without further ado, here they are...


Kirk's signature on the underside of the top, visible through the access panel:


View from the back side. (My best side, so I'm told. Actually, folks tell me the further away I get, the better I look...)


Love the figuring in that Brazilian rosewood! (Have I said that before?)


Closeup of the top. The Brazilian rosewood binding will match the soundhole ring (and the back wedge).


Here's a closeup of the soundhole ring again (before Kirk cut the soundhole), with black/white/red accenting the rosewood. The top will have the same binding scheme.


The top of my guitar, and the back of its twin.


Next time, the binding!

-Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment